Saturday, March 14, 2009

March 2009

Lots of ups and downs since my last update. Several of my workmates and I are under threat of redundancy despite being very busy. Our employer is using the economic downturn to target staff on contracts which they feel are less profitable to themselves rather than to remove the least useful and least experienced as would normally be the case.
I have a date for my GRS (Gender Reassignment Surgery) in Montreal, Canada. The date is 14th April 2009. I have provided all the test results, blood tests, urine tests etc that were required and all were within normal levels except my ECG (Electrocardiagram), heart rate recording which is abnormal. As a result I may not get to surgery after all. My surgeon wants a cardiologist to confirm that I am fit for surgery before I can proceed. I've only got a month left to try and get this professional opinion so I'm not sure how things will turn out at the moment.
I am comfortable in my environment now, people in general no longer take any notice of me, which is exactly what I want, when I look in a mirror I see a woman reflected there, so apart from the big issue with my operation and potential redundancy and those occasional days when Kathryn hates me my life is actually going very well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home