Saturday, February 20, 2016

February 2016

I don't agree that society needs to make room for more genders two is enough for me. I don't have any doubts or problems with being part of the female gender whereas being linked in any way, shape, manner or form with the male gender is anathema. Defining a half way house for transwomen doesn't allow me to get as far away psychologically from maleness as I want to get, it would be a step backwards. I do like the usage of relatively new words such as transwoman and ciswoman however, they do highlight the difference without throwing me out into the cold barren intersex world. I can accept the concept of varieties and flavours of women and I don't mind being defined as being a trans flavoured woman. These problems of where transwomen fit in the dictionary aren't mine, I know where I belong, it is the ciswomen and cismen  who struggle with such semantics. Why do cisgendered people struggle with such issues, just live and let live and treat your neighbour with as much respect as you yourself expect in return. This includes using the correct gender specific appelations. Transwomen expect and deserve to be referred to as she, her, etc, this is simple respect. Turn the conversation around, if a cisman is referred to as she, he would be somewhat perplexed and if this continued he would become annoyed. Think about yourself, don't treat someone else in a way to which you yourself would object.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home